Sample ---> Production!
1 day ago
– Fri, Aug 18, 2017 at 09:26:04 PM
Hei Spinners & Friends!
I hope this update finds you enjoying the summer wherever you may be.
I was going to send out a note last week, but I wanted to wait until the Spinagogue SAMPLE arrived. It came in yesterday!
Due to the fact that we had to make some unexpected artwork changes, we wanted to take extra precaution. We decided to have our manufacturer make a game sample so we could ensure that it was both beautiful and spincredible.
I'm very glad we decided to do this, as it gave us the ability to tweak some of the new art and make it more precise. However, in getting the sample, we learned that our dreidel manufacturer was unable to produce enough purple dreidels for our needs. So, we decided to go with a white dreidel. That said, it is sad to say goodbye to Shinaynay. She spun, she won!
As we say farewell to Shinaynay and her purple glow, we welcome the white dreidel into the MLD family. A few names have been tossed out for the new guy. The front runner as of now is... The Great White Chuppah. I'll let you know when we set the date for his official dreidel naming ceremony.
I'm traveling right now and I was not in Austin when the Spinagogue sample came in. So, I had Super Cooper, the MLD "spintern", record the unboxing for everyone to see. His beard may be long, but he's still a curious boychick. Please forgive him for forgetting some of the MLD spinology live on camera. However, we can certainly applaud him for fixing it in post. Thank you Coop!
After receiving the sample and making those final fixes, I'm so happy to report that we gave our manufacturer the greenlight for full production and assembly!
The Spinagogues are scheduled to ship in time to receive before Hanukkah this year. So, you'll have time to practice for any big dreidel tournaments you plan on hosting or wrap them in festive paper to gift to that special person.
Thanks so much for your patience as we navigate the squiggly sea of game production. And thank you for your love and support!
I'll update you with a more exact date when production is complete.
Love and gimels,
about 1 month ago
– Sun, Jul 09, 2017 at 08:36:38 PM
Backers and Friends,
Summer is spinning along and so is Spinagogue production. We have some excellent updates to report.
1. The official Spinometers are complete and are being shipped to our packaging company. Check out the fun Spinometer product photos below!
2. The 6 colored official Dreidels will be completed by July 18th and then they will ship to our packaging company.
3. The bulk paper order is scheduled to arrive at the printing company this Monday.
4. It will take about 2 weeks to produce all the printed paper materials.
5. It will then take about 2 weeks to package all the separate Spinagogue parts and pieces.
6. The Spinagogues will most likely begin their journey to our warehouse in New York sometime mid-August. Our manufacturer will be confirming the product ship date with us very soon. When we hear from the freight company we'll give you an exact date.
7. As soon as the Spinagogues are in the U.S. we'll be sending out the reward surveys. T-shirts, albums and postcards will ship as soon as surveys are completed.
Enjoy all the fun in the sun! We'll be sending out another update once all production has been completed and we hear from our manufacturer that the Spinagogues have shipped.
Love & Gimels,
Back on TOP in June!
3 months ago
– Sun, Jun 04, 2017 at 05:35:02 PM
Happy June everybody.
Welp, things are really spinning along now with Spinagogue manufacturing. Here are a few things we’ve accomplished since my last note.
*The MLD Spinometers are in production with the new artwork.
*The sanctioned MLD dreidels are also in production. However, we avoided what would have been a real tragedy. Our dreidel manufacturer notified us that they would no longer make our custom dreidels in the color purple. I don’t know about you, but purple is one of my favorite colors, and it’s always been one of the classic six Spinagogue dreidels. She even has a name, Shinaynay! I can’t picture a world without Shinaynay. I’m happy to report that we won’t have to. After many conversations and some creativity, we convinced our manufacturer that Shinaynay was worth it.
*More of the non-Spinagogue rewards will be shipping out this month. Apologies for the delay. We had to focus on recreating the Spinagogue artwork, but now we’re grooving on everything again.
*Now that we’ve started production, we should be receiving a final timeline from our manufacturer soon. Everyone will have their Spinagogue long before the Festival of Lights and the miracle of Hanukkah is upon us this December. We should have a more exact ship date for you in the next update.
Thanks so much and spin ya later : )
4 months ago
– Wed, May 03, 2017 at 10:09:36 AM
I hope you all had an awesome April. Apologies for the delay in reaching out. My plan was to send an update to you once a month as we take steps to manufacture the Spinagogue. This was a busy and unexpected month for us, which led me to postpone my note to you.
Unfortunately, we had to navigate some legal issues with the Spinagogue, but I'm happy to report that everything turned out just fine. However, it did require us to change some aspects of the artwork before manufacturing, which was a bigger task than we initially thought. On top of that, our great friend and designer was going through a difficult personal time. We supported each other, as both friends and colleagues, and with some extra grit we powered through and got the work done.
The revised product art is ready go! Ultimately, there were minimal changes and none of the original fun games were compromised. I'm discussing with our manufacturer how far this unforeseen hurdle will set back the Spinagogue delivery date. As soon as I know I will be sure to update you guys. The in-hand delivery date will of course be before Hanukkah this year.
In the meantime, more BackerKit surveys are going out this month and more of the smaller rewards will ship. Finalizing the modified art was our top priority since my last update to you.
Hopefully it will be smooth sailing (and spinning) from here on out. I will keep you posted with more updates as we take next steps.
Have a spincredible Wednesday.
No Gelt, No Glory!
5 months ago
– Tue, Mar 07, 2017 at 11:19:13 PM
I hope 2017 has started off strong and happy for you.
Things continue to spin along on our end and I wanted to update you guys on a few fun things.
1. The Hanukkah Gone Metal digital download rewards will go out this week
2. The Happy Hanukkah postcard rewards are going out next week
3. The Major League Dreidel T-Shirt rewards are being printed next week and will ship soon after that
4. We're finalizing the Spinagogue artwork for our manufacturer
5. You may be getting an email from BackerKit, who are helping us fulfill these rewards
Have a spincredible day and stay tuned for more Spinagogue updates soon as we continue to ship out rewards and manufacture the games.
No Gelt, No Glory!